The luxurious Burj Al Arab in Dubai is commonly referred to as the world’s only 7 star hotel since 1999. I would recommend afternoon Tea at the hotel as one of the top things to do when in Dubai on a special occasion for an unforgettable experience.
The hotel in itself displays grand opulence from the very moment you walk in, with gold ornaments, rich architecture, deluxe marble floors, dancing fountains and exquisite decor. It is extravagant both in looks and service. The motto there was a “go all out or go home one!”.
The sky view bar itself is located on the 27th floor, 200 metres above sea level delivering magnificent views of Dubai. The theme was a vibrant 1920’s feel with live music setting the tone for an outstanding experience.
They served a 6 courses menu with a wide and exotic selection of teas! Ranging from Classic English tea to Golden Assam, Chinese teas, Darjeeling teas and many more. The Burj Al Arab Afternoon tea experience lived up to my expectations.
Here are some survival tips for the day!
1) Arrive on time – there are 2 sessions of tea, one at 1:30pm and the other at 4:00pm. We went for the 1:30pm session which ends just before 4:00pm, this gives more than enough time but if you are late for that session, then you eat into your time.
2) Follow the Dress code – You will receive information about the dress code once you book, it is possible that you could be turned away if you are way off, such as in flip flops! My husband was almost turned away for wearing a t-shirt, but luckily he had a blazer with him.
Picture was taken – In the lift of the Burj Al Arab
3) Come with an empty stomach – With six courses of delicious, mouth watering and flowing sandwiches, pastries, carvings, cakes, macaroons coming with a close to full stomach is an injustice to yourself.
**some mouth watering pictures are below 😉
4) Let them know if you are there on a special occasion – Myself and my lovely husband were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary which we mentioned when we arrived. They made it extra special and personal by presenting me with a rose and an anniversary cake for both of us.
5) You can ask to take your remaining pastries away if you cannot finish them – Don’t be shy! You snooze, you loose…
Ensure you book in advance. Some more pictures are below, enjoy!